A Field + Forest™ signature, grain-free Salmon + Tuna Inspired Recipe
Omega-3s are proven to benefit, amongst other things, the human and canine heart – aiding in the prevention and management of heart disease. Salmon is an excellent source of these essential fatty acids.
So, while your dog can get his recommended intake from Field + Forest’s™ signature, grain-free Salmon + Tuna recipe, you can get yours from this month’s featured, delicious grilled salmon and summer-fruit salsa dish, perfect for a light summer meal.
Grilled Salmon with Summer Fruit Salsa
By: PBS Food
Cook time: 5 Mins
Prep time: 20-30 Mins
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- 2 peeled and diced kiwis
- 1 diced nectarine
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare salsa ingredients and let sit at room temperature to bring out the flavours.
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a large zip-lock bag. Add the salmon fillets to bag and seal. Marinate for 10 minutes, shaking bag occasionally.
- Using a nonstick skillet pan, spray with cooking spray, and cook fillets for 5 minutes skin side down. Flip and continue cooking until fish begins to flake.
- Serve salmon with skin off over couscous or mixed baby salad greens. Top with a helping of Summer Fruit Salsa.
Here’s to a season of quality time and delicious meals for you, your dog and your loved ones. For more information on our complete range of Field + Forest™ pet nutrition products, visit http://www.fieldandforest.co.za/products/.