Lean Turkey + Duck Inspired Meatballs with a Twist
With apples as a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals – particularly potassium – and tender turkey and duck, packed with essential amino acids, Field + Forest’s™ signature, grain free Turkey + Duck recipe is the perfect foundation for sustained health and longevity. All that’s needed to round it off is an active lifestyle. And though Field + Forest™ ingredients are fit for human consumption, we’ve found an excellent Turkey recipe for you to treat yourself to. After all, a good meal is best enjoyed with a best friend.
Turkey and Apple Meatballs
Cook time: 25 Mins
Prep time: 5 Mins
- 500g extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or regular, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated, peeled apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form the mixture into balls, smaller than a golf ball. The mixture should make 15 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the parchment sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 10 minutes until they are no longer pink inside.
- Serve with a side salad or brown rice.
For more info on our delectable range of grain free pet nutrition products for puppies and adult dogs, visit http://www.fieldandforest.co.za/products/.