Low-Carb Tuna Butternut Spinach & Feta Bake Inspired by Field + Forest’s™ Signature Salmon + Tuna Recipe
When it comes to providing food for our companions, nutrition should be Guided by Nature™. Field + Forest™ provides nourishment as found in the wild by dogs and their wild ancestors for bioavailability – with no added grains or poultry by-products.
Each satisfying bag of Field + Forest’s™ signature Salmon + Tuna recipe includes a variety of high-quality proteins, nutrient-rich meats, hand-selected and wholesome fruits, and vegetables, steam cooked to perfection in their own natural juices, with no added water.
Inspired by our signature Salmon + Tuna recipe, we’re sharing a delicious tuna-based meal, sure to satisfy the human members of your household.
Low-Carb Tuna Bake with Butternut, Spinach and Feta Recipe
Cook time: 50 mins
Prep time: 15 mins
For a hearty, non-low-carb option, serve alongside quinoa, couscous, pasta, potatoes or rice.
- 1 medium butternut peeled, cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x 160g tinned tuna, including the water
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach chopped (100g)
- 120g feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt plenty of pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan, add the bay leaf, garlic and onion and sauté on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, season, cover and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree the sauce (don’t forget to take the bay leaf out first). Stir in the spinach and water from the tuna.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the butternut cubes on a high heat for about 6-7 minutes stirring often until they are lightly browned. Remove from the heat and place in a medium/large baking dish (at least 6cm deep). Spread the tuna over the butternut, pour over the sauce, covering everything, then top with crumbled feta and bake for 50 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with parsley.
All that’s left is to gather the family around, dish up some Field + Forest’s™ signature Salmon + Tuna for your dog, plate up some of your bake and enjoy a wholesome family meal.