A Light and Tasty Meal Inspired by Our Turkey + Duck Signature Recipe
Field + Forest’s™ signature, grain free Turkey + Duck recipe is formulated for Optimum Biosuitability™ and includes a delicately balanced combination of tender turkey and duck, prepared with wholesome fruits and vegetables. These include whole green peas, cranberries, and ground oregano — enhanced by the highest-quality vitamins and minerals. Drawing on this recipe for inspiration, we’ve found a deliciously light and healthy summer salad with roast duck breast, orange, cranberry and walnuts.
Roasted Duck Breast, Orange, Cranberry and Walnut Salad Recipe
Cook time: 25 mins
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 4 duck breast fillets with skin
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 oranges
- 2 portions white of chicory, leaves separated
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 celery heart, leaves torn
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- Place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over low heat and simmer until sugar dissolves. Add citrus zest and juice, soy, stock, and 2 tbs marmalade. Return to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes until syrupy, then set aside.
- Score the duck skin, season well, and place, skin-side down, in a cold frying pan. Place over medium-low heat, then cook for 5-6 minutes until the fat has rendered and the skin is golden. Place, skin-side up, on a baking tray and brush with remaining 2 tbs marmalade. Bake for 5 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking, then rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the resting juices from the duck to the sauce, and gently reheat.
- To make the orange, cranberry and walnut salad, whisk together the vinegar, oil and finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange, then add seasoning. Peel and segment the remaining 2 oranges and combine them with the remaining salad ingredients. Toss with dressing. Slice the duck and serve on top of a bed of salad.